In honor of Game 7 of the NBA Finals tonight, I'm doing the five things I love about San Antonio. Just to be clear, my family and I used to live in San Antonio, so you can't accuse us of "jumping on the bandwagon". We were there for the first championship the Spurs ever won. I haven't been back there in years but some of my sweetest childhood memories came from that beautiful city. Ok here we go...
1) I love the Spurs. I love the Spurs in all their glory, Robinson, Duncan, Eliot, Kerr, Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, and many more. It is very possible that Game 7 will send me into labor.
2) I love The Mercado. It's a historic market place in downtown SA. The Mercado has some of the neatest little shops and the most legitimate Mexican food you will ever have. Ever.
3) I love the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is magical. Along the river are restaurants and shops. At Christmas time the entire place is covered in lights and carolers ride the boats singing all the Christmas classics. It is a must see if you're ever in SA.
4) I love Fiesta Week. What is Fiesta Week? It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a week of parties. Kids are off school and the evenings are filled with carnivals and celebrations all over the city. Funnel cakes, roasted corn and bbq abound.
5) I love the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Little Flower. St. Therese of Liseux is one of my favorite saints. The shrine to her in SA is breathtaking.
There are so many other things I love about SA, picking only 5 was really hard. The Helms family spent 5 great years in that wonderful city. Hopefully the Starbuck family will make a visit there soon.
Myself, Marisa, Thomas and Gabi outside our house.
Watching a Spurs game with Dad. We must have been losing.
Thomas getting ready for Fiesta Week.
We may have moved from SA but everyone in the family is still a Spurs fan. (John Paul, Gabi, Luke, and Liliana)
GO SPURS GO!